Chartek from AkzoNobel
Cutting-edge fire protection requires continuous innovation, from tailored coating solutions to the advanced testing capabilities behind Chartek’s track record of proven performance in protecting oil and gas installations worldwide. With over 3,000 scientists employed in 70 laboratories, AkzoNobel’s technology leadership is the foundation of the innovative coatings and coating solutions that make up the Chartek range.
Working with our Chartek range of Passive Fire Protection coatings, Beerenberg’s Benarx cast solutions provide unique, customized and cost-effective dry-fit solutions in challenging environments. Complete the form to find out more.
45+ years track record
As the cement-based materials used at the time were found to lack the durability to survive the harshest and most diverse environments, Chartek became a perfect fit for the needs of the oil industry. Through continuous research and development, our passive fire protection products have changed the way of thinking in the industry.
Today, Chartek is the first choice in fire protection for the world’s oil majors. We deliver solutions that work, whatever the location, whatever the environment and whatever the coating needs.
Exceptional products, exceptional protection
The Chartek name has an unequalled track record in protecting oil and gas installations against explosion, hydrocarbon pool and jet fires. Our range of epoxy PFP products provides premium quality fire protection to areas as diverse as pipe racks, vessels, spheres and even GRP pipes typically found on a range of oil, gas and chemical processing assets.
Chartek products have provided anti-corrosive and aesthetic fire protection for steel structures in markets including infrastructure, power, oil and gas, chemical, mining and bridges, in environments as diverse as the North Sea, the Tropics and Antarctica.
Our products can be found globally on
- Offshore platforms
- Floating production storage and offloading vessels (FPSOs)
- Petrochemical plants
- Liquified natural gas (LNG) terminals
- Liquified petroleum gas (LPG) storage facilities
- The world’s most widely used range of epoxy PFP coatings.
- Chartek 1709 – Durable: resistant to impact, vibration and mechanical damage. Ideal for modular construction.
- Chartek 2218 – Productive: up to 30% lower applied cost epoxy PFP and up to 50% more steel coated per day than other epoxy PFP on the market.
- Chartek 7 – Proven: the world’s leading epoxy intumescent fire protection with a proven track record of more than 20 years.
- Chartek 7E – Self-reinforced: mesh-free to achieve weight reduction with a safety-first approach.
- Chartek 1620CSP – Game-changing: the first to offer Cryogenic Spill Protection and Fire Protection in one system, and enabling offsite application.
- Chartek 8E – Industry-Leading: combines high-temperature tolerance, low applied weight and meshed/mesh-free options to combat jet and pool fires.